build from src, but where is WindowsFabric.2.0.113.0.msi ?

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I want to try latest change set. ActorRuntimeManager seem used windows fabric host 2.0. where can i to find the installer file? is it public?
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Hi there, thanks for trying this out and that file is not currently public. Please install the 0.7 installer we released today, with the uninstall instructions first. Run the Actor Runtime Manager that we install, and click the buttons in that UI. After you've got a cluster up & running, you can use your locally built bits.

-- Brian
Nov 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I have tried 0.7 version on azure gateway mode.

Thanks Brian,
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Ah, there are two different ways to deploy the Actor Framework. The first is locally for development purposes, which is what the Actor Runtime Manager does. The second is to deploy to Azure (which is obviously the only way that requires an Azure gateway). Deploying to Azure is more complex. Assuming you have an Azure account, you can find instructions for that in the Azure Plugin notes document in our Documentation page.

I recommend you try things out with a local cluster, not using Azure. You can get a flavor for development, then go with the added level of complexity afterwards. Azure works, but it just takes an extra amount of time to set up.
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Yes, I have tried azure gateway, it is work fine.

Is actor framework compatible with Windows Azure Pack(private cloud)?

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Good question - I've only tested it on the public version of Azure, and we used to test with a local Azure development simulator (though some recent changes broke that - we have some port number conflicts). I suspect ActorFx should work on a private Azure cloud, as long as port 19000 is unblocked.